Potato and Leek Soup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
1 tbsp butter or olive oil (extra virgin cold pressed) or coconut oil (extra virgin)
1 onion – diced
4 potatoes – skin on, washed, chopped
2 leeks white parts – washed and diced
2 celery stalks, washed and chopped
3-4 garlic cloves – diced
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp oregano herbs
¼ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp salt (sea or pink)
½ tsp black pepper
1 litres water
- In a large saucepan heat the butter / oil on a medium heat
- Add the onion and cook for 4 mins
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2 mins
- Add the leeks and cook for 2 mins
- Add the celery and garlic, and cook for 2 mins
- When the vegetables are half cooked, add the spices and water.
- Bring to boil then simmer on very low heat.
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Turn off heat and leave for 10 mins
- Use a food stick mixer and blend everything
Serve in bowls with a dallop of plain, natural yoghurt topped with pepper.
– Always stir the vegetables when cooking
– Always keep the lid on when cooking
Get in touch with us
Would you like a more information about the programs? Just talk to us!