Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serves: 1-2 people
Cooking oil or butter
1 onion or shallots
1 green chilli
1 red capsicum
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
3 tbsp water
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Parsley for serving
- Turn oven on 180
- Spoon out the flesh and put aside in a bowl
- Put soy/tamari sauce in the eggplants and put them on a tray
for baking later.
- Chop the vegetables in small pieces with the eggplant flesh
- Add onion in a pot or frypan of oil and cook 3 mins
- Add the eggplant flesh, capsicum and garlic and cook for 2 mins
- Add remaining vegetables and cook for another 2 mins.
- Take off heat.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Stir well and let it cool down
- Meanwhile, roast the eggplant halves in the oven for 10 mins
- Take eggplants out, cool down then stuff the vegetable mixture in the eggplants
- Mix the crumbs with salt, oregano or herbs, chopped nuts (to make it crunchy) and cheese
- Add the crumbs on top of the eggplants
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 mins
- Put under a grill to brown the crumbed top
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top
Get in touch with us
Would you like a more information about the programs? Just talk to us!